Sun, August 5th | Mackay Road NW Calgary
The Hill Climb is an exciting dash to the top of Mackay Road. This short and intense climb takes brute power and strength to successfully conquer the 1 kilometer long steep 141 foot ascent. Lined with cheering spectators and a gorgeous view of Calgary in the background. To add an extra challenge, the top 5 in each category will race a second time to get their placement!
- Total Distance = 900m
- Total Elevation = 141ft
RACE DAY INFORMATION
- All Race participants who have not received their race numbers are required to attend license check in the tent beside the school at least 15 minutes prior to your start time. Those racers must present their ABA/UCI license to the Technical Delegate to receive numbers. License check opens at 8:30 am.
- You will receive your race numbers at your first event.
- Bike Check: Riders are reminded that UCI rules regarding minimum bike weights will apply – “the minimum weight of the bike, without accessories that can be removed during the event shall be 6.8 kg /14.96 lbs)” – and bikes will be weighed prior to competing. The official scale will be accessible to riders from 9:00am – 9:45am so adjustments can be made accordingly. If your bike leaves the area between your bike check and start time, your bike will be re-weighed and you may be late for your start. Bike check will be directly behind the start tent. For information about technical regulations regarding bikes, see the UCI & ABA regulations.
- Riders will compete “Three-Up” with other riders in their category, in 2 minute intervals.
- NOTE: Traffic is allowed beside the course and riders MUST obey the rules of the road
- Results and awards to follow as soon as possible after the event.
- Results will be posted about 15 minutes after the finish of each category.
DIRECTIONS TO VENUE / PARKING
From Bow Cycle & Sports – 6501 Bowness Rd NW, Calgary, AB T3B 0E8
- Head southeast on Bowness Rd NW toward 64 St NW for 3.1 km
- Turn left onto 42 St NW for 130 m
- Turn left onto MacKay Rd NW for 130 m
- Foundations for the Future Charter Academy High School Campus is at 2116 MacKay Rd NW
- This event will be run according to UCI, CCC & ABA rules & regulations. Riders are responsible to read & understand the regulations. They can be found online.
- Washrooms will be available
- Unsportsmanlike conduct will not be tolerated, including, but not limited to, public urination, littering, and profane language. Officials have the right to assess penalties and disqualify riders from the race if deemed necessary. We are on public roads and we want to remain welcome. Please do your part to ensure this is possible.
- Where it is deemed that the image or reputation of the Tour de Bowness may be blemished, organizers reserve the right at any time to exclude riders.
|8:30am||Registration open for Hill Climb|
|9:00am||Hill Climb open to ride|
|9:45am||Hill Climb Clear|
|11:40am||Women Category 1/2/3/4/5|
|12:40pm||All Categories Top Five for placement|